SEO or Search Engine Optimization isn’t merely something that enables your website to organically rank better in Google, but it includes a great depth of strategy and methods to implement to eventually make it successful. It’s the process of helping a website in ranking high in organic search engine results. The aim is to have your page noticed by as many people as possible while staying ahead of the competition. But what is this competition we’re referring to and why is it so important that we’ve to bring SEO in play?
THE IMPORTANCE OF SEO
The two aims of SEO are-
· To generate high-quality traffic
· To appear at the top of search engine results for phrases that potential consumers could look for
Rather of paying for ad space at the top of search results, SEO is done to improve organic website traffic.
Sponsored advertisements often cover more user searches and produce more clicks than organic search results. Paid advertising may be used in conjunction with other marketing initiatives to get rapid leads for a new website. However, in the long term, you’d want to appear organically in search engines since it will provide you with a greater return on investment.
The importance of SEO can be emphasized upon the following points-
· The vast majority of search engine users are more likely to click on one of the top five choices in search results. To capitalize on this and get visits or consumers to your online business, your website must be in one of the top rankings.
· SEO can produce good traffic and eventually affect the income of an e-commerce site based on certain keywords. Many e-commerce companies are seeing success using SEO to increase visitors. The exchange of links and the creation of a directory can increase traffic to a website.
· Strong SEO tactics enhance a website's user experience and usability.
· SEO is beneficial to the social advertising of your website. People who find your website through a Google or Bing search are more inclined to share it on Facebook, Twitter or other social media platforms.
· SEO is critical for the proper operation of a large website. SEO may assist websites with several authors in both direct and indirect ways. Their immediate advantage is increased organic traffic and their indirect value is having a consistent framework (checklists) to utilize prior to posting content on the site.
THE FRAMEWORK OF SEO
So far, we’ve understood one fact for sure- SEO isn’t exclusively a process- but is a framework that contains rules and certain processes within. In order to understand the entire framework that contains this process, we need to understand what Technical, On-page and Off-page SEO are.
1. Technical SEO:
The initial level of the SEO process is referred to as Technical SEO. Technical SEO- as the name indicates- has nothing to do with the actual content of a website or website marketing strategies. It is related to the parameters that must be configured to make the task of search engine crawlers easier.
TECHNICAL SEO ACTIVITIES
Certain activities that fall under Technical SEO are:
· Improving page-load time
· SSL and Security